Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Easiest Brown Sugar Body Scrub Ever!

The Easiest Brown Sugar Body Scrub Ever!

brown-sugar-scrub.jpg

Ingredients:

¾ cup brown sugar

⅓ cup olive oil (extra virgin or extra light)

2 tbsp honey (local is best)

¼ - ½ tsp almond oil (optional*)

Directions: Stir all ingredients together until completely combined.  That’s it!  

I suggest storing in a glass jar or container, but can use a plastic or metal container.  You can go super inexpensive and use an old jam / jelly jar, which I do.  I also suggest to refrigerate this scrub.  It will last longer.  I understand it’s hard to remember and inconvenient to take it out of the frig. every time you want to use it.  Which for me is every shower when I have this scrub made, because I have dry skin and it helps to scrub the old skin off so my lotion will soak in better.  If not refrigerated it will last about a week, if refrigerated it will last about 3 weeks.

This scrub is great for all skin types not just dry, but normal and oily too.  It leaves the skin smooth and helps remove the old dirt, oil and dead skin off the top layer / surface.  Great for hands, feet, knees, and elbows!

*This oil will make it smell even more yummy and be more soothing to the skin.  If you don’t have almond oil you can add a few drops of almond extract to get the smell, but it won't be as soothing as the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment