Thursday, October 2, 2014

Super Healthy Children's Regimen

Super Healthy Children's Regimen


I started my son, Xander, on the Shaklee Meal replacement shakes, with a serving of fruit and a crushed Shaklee Incredivite when he was about 17-18 months old.  He is now just over 2 years old and I still give him a meal replacement shake with a serving of fruit and a crushed Incredivite.  I have added a crushed Vita-C the last 4 months to help maintain his immune system.



To Make the shake:
  • 1 cup Almond milk (you can use any milk, but we only buy Almond milk)
  • 1 serving of fruit exp: 1 banana, or 1/2-3/4 cup berries or cut up melon (Xander's favs are banana w/ chocolate or strawberry w/ vanilla, or watermelon w/ vanilla.)
  • 1/8 cup Meal Replacement Shake Mix (chocolate or vanilla; you can sub the 180 smoothie mix.)
  • 1 Crushed Incredivite
  • 1 Crushed Vita-C
 

Xander loves helping make his shakes.  I pour in the milk, crush the vitamins and add those.  He helps add the scoop of shake mix and the fruit. (He likes sampling the bananas.) 


And, one of his favorite parts is pressing the buttons!



He loves these so much he can't wait to drink it up right out of the blender! (I always supervise, of course.)





He has only had one cold in his life and I believe that the main reason is from his healthy diet of lots of fruits and veggies, healthy lean proteins (exp: hummus) and healthy fats (exp: nuts and avocado).  With exercise and lots of water (not sugary soda or juices with sugary syrup).  I also only use 100% natural cleaning products in my home, and I believe that it has made a difference with his development.  Because there have been numerous tests down proving that the harsh chemicals in mainstream cleaners have an affect on a young child's mental development.

If you are interested in getting any of the items above you can find them below.




No comments:

Post a Comment